How it works
Find a tradesperson quickly and easily!
Our free service finds you companies and tradespeople in your area who are ready and available to give you a quote and do your work.
OUR SERVICE IS SO EASY TO USE!
Fill in a form to explain the work you want done. The forms are all very easy to complete in just a few minutes.
(To select the relevant form and request a quote, click here).
The request will be analysed by our team, before being forwarded to tradespeople that we work with who may be able to give you a quote. Depending on the information you have given, we will either send the quote out directly to our selected tradespeople, or phone you to get a few more details of the work before sending the request.
Selected companies and tradespeople (no more than 4) will then contact you if they are available to offer you a quote.
You then arrange things directly with the tradespeople who contact you!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is your service completely free?
- Yes, our service is totally free of charge and we take no commission on the work done. Our income comes from subscriptions paid by tradespeople who want to be part of our network.
- Does your service provide online estimates?
- No, we do not give out estimates by e-mail, without a direct contact with the tradesperson. The person who is going to do the work needs to contact you in order to accurately cost out the job.
- Who are the tradespeople that will receive my request?
- We forward your request to tradespeople we have selected from our network, on the basis of their trade and the geographical area that they work in.
- How many tradespeople will contact me?
- It can really vary, but we limit the number of companies or tradespeople allowed to access your contact details to 4. Once 4 tradespeople have accessed your details, we don't give them to anyone else, to prevent you being swamped with calls. You will be advised by e-mail within 6 days if we have been unable to find any tradespeople to respond to your request.
- How will I be contacted?
- Most tradespeople tend to use the phone (requests with no phone number will not be processed). We give you the chance to specify your availability, to make sure they call at a time that is convenient. Some tradespeople make an initial contact by e-mail before phoning you or arranging an appointment.
- Do the tradespeople come out to give their quote?
- That is generally what happens, but it is left up to the tradesperson's discretion.
- Will my contact details be posted on the web?
- No, your contact details will only ever be passed on to 4 companies or tradespeople at the most, and will never be published on the web.
- I've submitted a request but haven't heard from anyone yet – what should I do?
- Read our help sheet to find out what to do if you haven’t heard from any of our tradespeople yet.
- Which tradesman should I hire?
- Get some advice on how to choose the best tradesman for your project here.
- I’m not happy with the service I received from my tradesman – what should I do?
- If you’re unhappy with the work your tradesman has carried out, get some advice here on what to do next.