Consumer terms & conditions
Users – refers to individuals, companies, or any other organisation seeking one or more Suppliers to perform services such as construction, renovation or decorating.
Suppliers – refers to any professional who can answer a quote request issued by a User.
Company – refers to the website and organisation ServiceMagic UK (www.servicemagic.co.uk).
Description of Service
- The Company offers a service which connects Users with Suppliers
- To be connected for free with one or more Suppliers, the User must fill out a quote request form detailing the work they wish to have carried out/the services they require
- Suppliers interested in providing a quote will then contact the User directly to issue a quotation and where appropriate, arrange to carry out the necessary work
- The Company does not provide quotes automatically by email
- Users are matched to Suppliers who operate in their geographical area
- In most cases, Suppliers will need to contact Users by telephone and/or meet with them in person in order to provide an accurate quote
Users do not have to pay to use the services provided by the Company.
The Company does not take commission on jobs carried out by Suppliers.
Suppliers wishing to respond to quote requests pay a subscription which is calculated based on the number of quote requests they wish to receive. For more information on Supplier terms and conditions click here.
All Users of ServiceMagic agree to:
- Use the service for personal benefit and for real and serious requests only
- Provide accurate information when filling out quote request forms
- Endeavour to inform the Company when they no longer need to be connected by Suppliers
- Endeavour to inform the Company if the nature of their quote request changes after they’ve submitted the quote request form
- Not misuse the services provided by the Company; those who do may be prosecuted. Misusing the service includes submitting unfair or fictitious quote requests, providing false information in quote request forms and submitting requests for products/services prohibited by law
- Submit online ratings and reviews of the Suppliers they hire/are contacted by
The Company reserves the right to delete quote requests which are incomplete, unconfirmed, or which contain false, inconsistent or vague information.
Suppliers who use ServiceMagic agree to:
- Respond to quote requests within three days
- Provide free quotes
- Honour all commitments and deadlines specified in the quote
- Comply with industry regulations and standards
- Comply with tax laws
- Have valid insurance
- Perform a quality service
- Provide a quality after-sales service
The Company takes these Supplier commitments extremely seriously. To ensure Users receive the best possible service, the Company reserves the right to exclude Suppliers who do not adhere to the above commitments. Suppliers can be excluded either after an investigation process has been carried out or at any time the Company deems fit. However, the Company cannot be held liable for cases where a Supplier fails to meet the above commitments. For more information on Supplier terms and conditions click here.
The Company agrees to:
- Provide a free service for Users
- Never charge Suppliers commission on the jobs they carry out
- Make every effort to find one or more Suppliers who can respond to each quote request
- Connect Users with no more than four Suppliers per quote request
- Notify Users by email when a Supplier has been matched to their quote request and provide the User with each Supplier’s contact details. The Company endeavours to provide Users with accurate, up-to-date Supplier information but cannot be held liable for any errors, omissions or false information provided by Suppliers
- Notify users by email within seven working days if no Supplier has been found to respond to their quote request. In no event can the Company be held liable for any inconvenience or damage caused by the fact that no Supplier has been found to respond to their quote request
- Contact Users by email or phone to verify quote request details in cases where quote request forms are considered incomplete, vague, false or inconsistent. If the Company do not receive a response when contacting the User, the quote request will be deleted.
- Never interfere in the business relationship between Users and Suppliers. The services provided by the Company end automatically when the Supplier and User make contact with each other. Therefore the Company cannot be found liable for any damage or inconvenience caused before, during or after completion of work carried out by a Supplier chosen by the user.
The Company cannot be held responsible for any direct or indirect consequence of any of its Suppliers. It is the sole responsibility of the User to check the references, insurance credentials and qualifications of any Suppliers they choose to hire.
All personal data provided by Users during the process of submitting a quote request is strictly confidential.
Personal data provided by Users is used exclusively for processing quote requests and will only be sent to a maximum of four Suppliers.